WELCOME ADDRESS BY THE PERMANENT SECRETARY, FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WORKS AND HOUSING, BASHIR NURA ALKALI, FCA, FCTI AT THE COMMISSIONING OF LAFIA-OBI-AWE-TUNGA ROAD IN NASARAWA STATE ON THURSDAY, 23rd JUNE, 2022.
It is my great pleasure to welcome you all to this significant event in the affairs of our National life. I welcome all the eminent and distinguished invited guests to the occasion of the commissioning of the second phase of the completed roads across the country.
2. On behalf of the Honourable Minister Babatunde Raji Fashola SAN, Directors and Head of Units, Federal Ministry of Works & Housing, I welcome all distinguished invited Guests, the Royal Fathers and the entire people of Nasarawa State to this event.
3. As part of President Muhammadu Buhari’s developmental agenda of addressing road infrastructural development across the length and breadth of Nigeria, the Federal Government as a policy direction focused on the completion of several on-going projects to stimulate economic development, job creation and promoting local content. The focus is to link the major arterial roads to Refineries, Ports, tertiary institutions and high volume commercial centres with a view to reducing travel times, vehicle maintenance costs, safety and security of commuters etc.
4. The Ministry has successfully completed several roads and maintained several bridges to ensure that road users have a rewarding road travel experience. Several other roads and bridges are at various stages of completion such as the 2nd Niger Bridge and its approach road, Dualization of Abuja-Kaduna-Kano, Loko-Oweto Bridge linking Nasarawa to Benue States, Dualization of Enugu-Portharcourt Expressway, Bodo-Bonny Brigde, Lagos-Ibadan Dualization project, to mention just a few.
5. We have now entered the season of completion and handover of several roads and bridges projects across the country. Recently, 5-roads were commissioned by Mr. President who was represented by the Cabinet Ministers from the states where the projects were sited such as:
Commissioning of Sokoto-Tambuwal-Jega-Kotangora-Makere Road, Phases I&II in Kebbi State;
Vandeikya-Obudu Cattle Ranch Road Phases I&II in Benue State;
Nenwe-Oduma Road Sections I&II in Enugu and Ebonyi States;
Kano-Maiduguri Section III (Azare-Potiskum) in Bauchi/Yobe States; and
Kano-Maiduguri Road Section II Shuwarin-Azare, with spur from Dutse to Kwanar Huguma in Jigawa/Bauchi States.
6. In this phase of the commissioning, Mr. President approved the commissioning of the following roads:
Rehabilitation of Efon Alaaye-Erinmo-Iwaraja Road In Ekiti/Osun States;
Isoko Ring Road in Delta State;
Rehabilitation of Hadeija-Nguru Road, Phase II CH 40+000-CH 73+150 Kirikasama-Nguru in Jigawa State;
Completion of Gombe-Numan-Yola Road Phase II (Gombe-Kaltungo) in Gombe State;
Construction of Nguru-Gashua-Bayamari Road Section II, Phase I, (Gashua-Bayamari), Yobe State;
Rehabilitation of Nguru-Gashua-Bayamari Road Section I (Nguru-Gashua) Phase II in Yobe State;
Rehabilitation of Lafia-Obi-Awe-Tunga Road in Nasarawa State.
7. As we complete the commissioning of this road here in Nasarawa State, the train will move to Yobe State.
8. Our joy is that Nigerians are benefitting from the fruits of democracy and the promises made by the present Administration. These projects have created direct and indirect jobs as well as provided socio-economic benefits that the magnitude of such projects carries with it.
9. At this juncture, I welcome you all once again to the commissioning ceremony of this laudable road project in Nasarawa State.
Thank you and God bless you.
OFFICIAL COMMISSIONING AND HANDOVER OF EFON ALAAYE - ERINMO - IWARAJA ROAD IN EKITI STATE TODAY 16TH OF JUNE 2022
L-R :Deputy Governor of Ekiti State, H.E.Otunba Adegboyega Bisi Egbeyemi, Rep. of Mr. President, H.E. Otunba Adeniyi Adebayo,Hon.Min.of Industry, Trade and Investment, HRM Obalufon Alayemore, Oba Dr. Emmanuel Adesanya Aladejare Agunsoye II and Senator representing Ekiti Central Senatorial District, Senator Michael Opeyemi Bamidele during the Official Commissioning and Handing-Over of Efon- Alaaye-Erinmo -Iwaraja Road in Ekiti and Osun States on Thursday, June 16, 2022.
A SECTION SHOWING THE ONGOING LAUNCHING OF THE OPOBO CHANNEL BRIDGE SUPERSTRUCTURE AS PART OF THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE BODO BONNY ROAD WITH BRIDGES ACROSS THE OPOBO CHANNEL IN RIVERS STATE.
A section showing the ongoing launching of the Opobo Channel Bridge superstructure as part of the construction of the Bodo Bonny Road with Bridges Across the Opobo Channel in Rivers State.