GREAT-EDEREKA ANGELA DIEPREYE (MRS.) (DIRECTOR LAND AND HOUSING DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT)
Great-Edereka Angela Diepreye (Mrs.) was born on 26th March, 1962. She is currently the Head of Department – Lands and Housing Development. She has been a Director of the Department since 2018. Before her elevation she was the Divisional Head – Housing Finance and Mortgage Services/Valuation.
She holds a Bachelor of Technology in Estate Management from the Rivers State University of Science and Technology in 1985. She also holds a Masters in Personnel Management from the Lagos State University Ojo, Lagos in 1995.
Great-Edereka A. D. (Mrs.) has relevant trainings in Train the Trainers on Land Policy Development and Implementation at the Institute for Capacity Development, Windhoek, Namibia in 2011. She also completed a course in Housing Finance at the Wharton Real Estate Center, Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, United State of America in June, 2015.
She served on several Committees such as the Inter-Ministerial Committee in the formulation of the Nigerian National Land Policy in 2014; and the Team that established the Nigeria Mortgage Refinance Company (NMRC) (2012 – 2014). She is presently a Member Steering Committee of the Nigeria Housing Finance Programme (NHFP) (2012 – till date).
She is an Associate Member of The Nigerian Institute of Estate Surveyors and Valuers, and a Registered Member of The Estate Surveyors and Valuers Registration Board of Nigeria.
She is married and blessed with children.
Functions Of The Department
The Department has the following statutory responsibilities:
1. Administration and management of Federal Government lands and landed properties within and outside the country;
2. Valuation of landed properties for all purposes (sale, rental, purchase, insurance, acquisition and compensation, investment, etc) for Ministries, Department and Agencies (MDAs);
3. Acquisition of land and payment of compensation for such lands on behalf of Federal Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies;
4. Registration of titles created in respect of Federal Government grants and leases;
5. Formulation and implementation of policies on land including National Land Policy and Land Reform Programme of the Federal Government;
6. Representing the Ministry on Committees/bodies like the Federal Government Staff Housing Loans Board, Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria, National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency (NOSDRA) in matters relating to land administration, housing finance, mortgage, etc.;
7. Providing the Secretariat for the Land Use and Allocation Committee (LUAC);
8. Promoting the development of a robust primary and secondary mortgage finance industry in Nigeria in partnership with the private sector and dealing with matters relating to the operations of the National Housing Fund;
9. Advising the Honourable Minister on matters affecting the practice, control and regulation of the Estate Surveying and Valuation profession in Nigeria;
10. Keeping, maintenance and compilation of records relating to Federal Government Lands and properties;
11. Granting of Temporary Occupation Licences on Surplus Government. Lands and assessment, revision and collection of ground rent, rack rents and Licence fees;
12. Providing leadership in matters of policy, administration and management of land for other tiers of Government;
13. Providing the Secretariat and focal point for collaboration with foreign development partners and multilateral agencies on matters relating to land for agriculture, housing development, housing finance/mortgage and land administration reforms.
The Department has total staff strength of 322 at the Headquarters, Abuja, Field Offices in 36 States and FCT. There are 6 Directors manning the six Directorates of the Department and the most senior coordinating as Head of Department. There are 7 Deputy Directors and 6 Assistant Directors. The approved establishment structure for the Department is as follows:
(a) Land Acquisition and Compensation Division;
(b) Land Administration Division;
(c) Asset and Property Valuation Division;
(d) Land Valuation Division;
(e) Estate Management Services Division;
(f) Housing Development Division;
(g) Housing Finance and Mortgage Services Division;
(h) Federal Land Registry;
The Units are:-
(i) Secretariat of the Land Use and Allocation Committee (LUAC);
(j) Federal Land Information System (FELIS); and
The Department is the secretariat to the Presidential Technical Committee on Land Reform.
ORGANOGRAM LAND AND HOUSING DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
THE PERMANENT SECRETARY, FMW&H, BABANGIDA HUSSAINI REPRESENTED BY ENGR. FUNSO ADEBIYI, DIRECTOR HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION AND REHABILITATION DEPARTMENT, FEDERAL CONTROLLER, NIGER STATE, ENGR. I.F. UMEH, REPRESENTATIVE OF MESSRS. SALINI NIGERIA LIMITED INSPECTING THE DUALIZATION OF SULEJA-MINNA ROAD, PHASE II, (KM 40+000-KM 101+000) CONTRACT NO. 6267 IN NIGER STATE ON THE 24TH MARCH, 2021.
The Permanent Secretary, FMW&H, Babangida Hussaini represented by Engr. Funso Adebiyi, Director Highway Construction and Rehabilitation Department, Federal Controller, Niger State, Engr. I.F. Umeh, representative of Messrs. Salini Nigeria Limited inspecting the Dualization of Suleja-Minna Road, Phase II, (KM 40+000-KM 101+000) Contract No. 6267 in Niger State on the 24th March, 2021.
THE PERMANENT SECRETARY, FMW&H, BABANGIDA HUSSAINI REPRESENTED BY ENGR. FUNSO ADEBIYI, DIRECTOR HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION AND REHABILITATION DEPARTMENT, ENGR. I.F. UMEH, FEDERAL CONTROLLER, NIGER STATE INSPECTING THE ON-GOING RECONSTRUCTION OF LAMBATA-LAPAI-BIDA ROAD IN NIGER STATE
The Permanent Secretary, FMW&H, Babangida Hussaini represented by Engr. Funso Adebiyi, Director Highway Construction and Rehabilitation Department, Engr. I.F. Umeh, Federal Controller, Niger State Inspecting the on-going reconstruction of Lambata-Lapai-Bida Road in Niger State