FG Commissions Lafia -Obi -Awe-Tunga Road in Nasarawa State.
President Muhammad Buhari, today commissioned the Lafia -Obi - Awe-Tunga Road in Nasarawa State.
The 118km road links Lafia - Obi -Awe towns of Nasarawa State in the North Central region of Nigeria with the Tunga extension linking Taraba state.
The President while commissioning the road said, "As you can all see, we are handing over today a 118-kilometre Road, which links the towns of Lafia- Obi- Awe- Tunga roads in Nasarawa State."
The President who was represented by the Nasarawa State Director, Raw Material and Development, Dr. Zakari Musa Eladoga, explained that "Our commitment to improve road transport infrastructure, our determination to improve the ease of doing business, create jobs and prosperity to lift people out of poverty brings us here today because the results of our investment are manifesting, " adding that the road is indeed a statement of economic efficiency and ease of doing business because travelling hours on the roads have been reduced.
President Buhari further advised road users to drive in accordance with the law of high way codes. "Now that we have this new well -built road, we owe it as duties to ourselves and to other road users to ensure that we take responsibility for the good usage of it. One of such duties is to ensure that we drive in accordance with the laws of the highway codes," he noted.
Speaking earlier, the Minister of Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN, represented by the Director of Works, North Central, Engr. Omonege Rugba, noted that embarking on roads project by the administration of President Buhari was to ensure economic growth and prosperity for the country.
"These projects represent major investment in road Transport infrastructure which is a commitment of the Buhari administration as driver for economic growth and prosperity," he remarked.
In his welcome address, the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Works and Housing, Bashir Nura Alkali, FCA,FCTI, who was represented by the Controller of Works, Nasarawa State, Engr. Daikwo Idah disclosed that this project has created both direct and indirect jobs as well as provided social and economic benefits for the citizens.
In his goodwill message, the Governor of Nasarawa State, Engr. Abdullahi Sule, who was represented by the Deputy Governor, Dr. Emmanuel Akabe, while expressing appreciation to President Muhammadu Buhari for the rehabilitation of the road, disclosed that travelling period from Obi to Lafia which used to be about one and a half hour has been reduced to 30minutes journey.
6th Babatunde Raji Fashola (BRF) GABFEST To Hold June 28
As part of efforts targeted at creating a platform for the active involvement of the youth in Nigeria’s future, the 6th Babatunde Raji Fashola (BRF) Gabfest will hold next week, Tuesday 28th June, at 11a.m as a ZOOM Webinar (bit.ly/gabfest6).
The BRF Gabfest which holds in honor of the 59th birthday celebration of Legal practitioner and Public Servant, the Honorable Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN, is expected to have in attendance stakeholders from the public and private sectors, as well as members of the general public.
This year’s event which is themed: ‘What am I voting for?’ is anticipated to have numerous attendees and is open to members of the public via a registration link (bit.ly/gabfest6).
The BRF Gabfest will feature 6 speakers on a panel, who will offer constructive insights cut across both the public and private sector, and offer the audience a chance to also engage on issues pertaining to the theme.
Now in its 6th year, the goal of the BRF Gabfest is to create an interactive platform where the role of the youth in Nigeria’s future will be discussed and heard. It is targeted at those who are sincerely concerned about the future of Nigeria, and the role young people have to play in that future.
WELCOME ADDRESS BY THE PERMANENT SECRETARY, FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WORKS AND HOUSING, BASHIR NURA ALKALI, FCA, FCTI AT THE COMMISSIONING OF LAFIA-OBI-AWE-TUNGA ROAD IN NASARAWA STATE ON THURSDAY, 23rd JUNE, 2022.
It is my great pleasure to welcome you all to this significant event in the affairs of our National life. I welcome all the eminent and distinguished invited guests to the occasion of the commissioning of the second phase of the completed roads across the country.
2. On behalf of the Honourable Minister Babatunde Raji Fashola SAN, Directors and Head of Units, Federal Ministry of Works & Housing, I welcome all distinguished invited Guests, the Royal Fathers and the entire people of Nasarawa State to this event.
3. As part of President Muhammadu Buhari’s developmental agenda of addressing road infrastructural development across the length and breadth of Nigeria, the Federal Government as a policy direction focused on the completion of several on-going projects to stimulate economic development, job creation and promoting local content. The focus is to link the major arterial roads to Refineries, Ports, tertiary institutions and high volume commercial centres with a view to reducing travel times, vehicle maintenance costs, safety and security of commuters etc.
4. The Ministry has successfully completed several roads and maintained several bridges to ensure that road users have a rewarding road travel experience. Several other roads and bridges are at various stages of completion such as the 2nd Niger Bridge and its approach road, Dualization of Abuja-Kaduna-Kano, Loko-Oweto Bridge linking Nasarawa to Benue States, Dualization of Enugu-Portharcourt Expressway, Bodo-Bonny Brigde, Lagos-Ibadan Dualization project, to mention just a few.
5. We have now entered the season of completion and handover of several roads and bridges projects across the country. Recently, 5-roads were commissioned by Mr. President who was represented by the Cabinet Ministers from the states where the projects were sited such as:
Commissioning of Sokoto-Tambuwal-Jega-Kotangora-Makere Road, Phases I&II in Kebbi State;
Vandeikya-Obudu Cattle Ranch Road Phases I&II in Benue State;
Nenwe-Oduma Road Sections I&II in Enugu and Ebonyi States;
Kano-Maiduguri Section III (Azare-Potiskum) in Bauchi/Yobe States; and
Kano-Maiduguri Road Section II Shuwarin-Azare, with spur from Dutse to Kwanar Huguma in Jigawa/Bauchi States.
6. In this phase of the commissioning, Mr. President approved the commissioning of the following roads:
Rehabilitation of Efon Alaaye-Erinmo-Iwaraja Road In Ekiti/Osun States;
Isoko Ring Road in Delta State;
Rehabilitation of Hadeija-Nguru Road, Phase II CH 40+000-CH 73+150 Kirikasama-Nguru in Jigawa State;
Completion of Gombe-Numan-Yola Road Phase II (Gombe-Kaltungo) in Gombe State;
Construction of Nguru-Gashua-Bayamari Road Section II, Phase I, (Gashua-Bayamari), Yobe State;
Rehabilitation of Nguru-Gashua-Bayamari Road Section I (Nguru-Gashua) Phase II in Yobe State;
Rehabilitation of Lafia-Obi-Awe-Tunga Road in Nasarawa State.
7. As we complete the commissioning of this road here in Nasarawa State, the train will move to Yobe State.
8. Our joy is that Nigerians are benefitting from the fruits of democracy and the promises made by the present Administration. These projects have created direct and indirect jobs as well as provided socio-economic benefits that the magnitude of such projects carries with it.
9. At this juncture, I welcome you all once again to the commissioning ceremony of this laudable road project in Nasarawa State.
Thank you and God bless you.
OFFICAL COMMISSIONING AND HANDOVER OF LAFIA-OBI-AWE-TUNGA ROAD IN NASARAWA STATE TODAY 23RD JUNE, 2022
Offical Commissioning and Handover of Lafia-Obi-Awe-Tunga Road in Nasarawa State today 23rd June, 2022
OFFICIAL COMMISSIONING AND HANDOVER OF EFON ALAAYE - ERINMO - IWARAJA ROAD IN EKITI STATE TODAY 16TH OF JUNE 2022
L-R :Deputy Governor of Ekiti State, H.E.Otunba Adegboyega Bisi Egbeyemi, Rep. of Mr. President, H.E. Otunba Adeniyi Adebayo,Hon.Min.of Industry, Trade and Investment, HRM Obalufon Alayemore, Oba Dr. Emmanuel Adesanya Aladejare Agunsoye II and Senator representing Ekiti Central Senatorial District, Senator Michael Opeyemi Bamidele during the Official Commissioning and Handing-Over of Efon- Alaaye-Erinmo -Iwaraja Road in Ekiti and Osun States on Thursday, June 16, 2022.